Fly Control in Chicago, IL
Adult flies are more than just bothersome pests; they are vectors of disease. Whether resting their wings or searching for food, flies leave behind dangerous pathogens and bacteria (such as E. coli which causes Salmonella) as they travel from place to place. As flies look for meals in nearby garbage cans, and the other places they land, they can pick up a variety of hazardous bacteria and pathogens. Their unsanitary feeding habits allow them to leave their disease filled calling cards on your food, utensils, plates, counters, and any place they decide to land.
While it can be satisfying to capture and/or kill adult flies, this victory can be very short-lived if the proper precautions are not taken to eliminate the population in its entirety. Fly control must address the breeding sites of the flies to break the breeding cycles. For example, if a procedure like fogging is used, only the flies that are visible to you will be affected. These flies will be replaced quickly, and within a matter of 24 hours you will be left where you started, and maybe even more frustrated than when you started, as flies still infest your home or business. click here To learn about our box elder Bug control service.
The key to fly control starts with identification of the species of fly. Flies have very specific breeding mediums that they need to discover and exploit to lay eggs in. Each species is looking for something very specific and usually different from other species of flies. As with other pests, the way to manage this problem should not be through the use of mass doses of chemicals. Instead, we believe that chemical applications should be surgical in nature and used sparingly. This technique works to eliminate the issue without exasperating the risk level to those who might be affected by the chemicals. In many instances adult flies do not live very long and directed sanitation procedures and non-chemical strategies for the adults alone can effectively reduce or eliminate the flies. At A-Alert, our comprehensive treatment methods allow us to follow proper protocols for these pests while using a minimal amount of chemicals to solve issues.
At A-Alert, we believe that the client and pest control provider must work together if a long term solution is to be realized. The proper steps to follow to achieve fly control are as follows:
- Proper species identification (pest control provider)
- Determine all possible breeding sites for this fly at the location in question (pest control provider).
- Determine the proper procedures to eliminate the breeding medium (pest control provider); this is usually a sanitation procedure.
- Implement sanitation procedure (client/tradesperson/additional service by the pest control provider).
- Determine what if any procedures are called for to eliminate the remaining adult populations (pest control provider). Chemical applications should be considered only after non-chemical relief has been enacted or is not an option for the situation.
- Determine and correct any contributing factors including any exclusion issues to prevent future entry of the pests (client/tradesperson/additional service by the pest control provider).